Pediateric Dentist in San Pedro
If you are a parent, then you want to make sure that your child has access to the best healthcare possible. This includes a pediatric dentist. At Smile Emporium, we are proud to provide you with access to a pediatric dentist in San Pedro. As a pediatric dentist specialist, we are here to help you make sure that your child’s teeth are happy and healthy. Take a look at the service that we provide below!
An Introduction to Pediatric Dentistry
A pediatric dentist is a dentist who is specifically trained to take care of children. In order to become a pediatric dentist, someone has to go to college, then four years of dental school, and then complete a residency in pediatric dentistry. In this manner, children dentist in San Pedro has received advanced training to take care of children. At Smile Emporium, you can rest easy knowing that your child is in good hands!
Common Procedures Performed by a Pediatric Dentist
There are several common procedures that are performed by trained pediatric dentists. Some of the most common procedures include:
- Oral health exams on infants and toddlers
- Detailed health exams on children and adolescents
- Sealant applications to certain teeth that might be at risk of developing cavities
- Fill cavities that might be present in the mouth
- Perform x-rays to make sure that everything is okay with the roots of the teeth
- Apply fluoride to make sure that the teeth are healthy
- Complete detailed cleanings to remove plaque and tartar
These are just a few of the many procedures that a trained pediatric dentist in San Pedro might perform.
Why Take Your Child to a Pediatric Dentist?
There are several reasons why parents should take their children to see a pediatric dentist specialist. Some of the most important reasons include:
- Parents need to make sure that they train their children to be comfortable with going to preventative health practitioners such as doctors, optometrists, and dentists on a regular basis
- Children might not be able to tell if something is wrong with their teeth, so a visit to a children dentist in San Pedro is important
- A child’s mouth is growing and developing rapidly, so it is important to make sure these teeth are developing the right way
- Children might need braces and a pediatric dentist can help parents figure out if this is required
- Problems with the mouth can directly impact a child’s growth and development by impacting nutrition
- It is important for children to get in the habit of going to the dentist on a regular basis
These are just a few of the many reasons why children need to make sure that they visit a pediatric dentist on a regular basis.
What Age Should Parents Take Their Children to See a Pediatric Dentist Specialist?
All parents should make sure that they take their child to see a pediatric dentist as soon as their child’s first tooth comes in. For most children, this is around the age of one. This visit is important for making sure that a child’s teeth are coming in correctly. This will also help parents get their children used to going to the dentist on a regular basis.
Contact Smile Emporium Today To Make an Appointment with a Pediatric Dentist in San Pedro
If you are looking for a pediatric dentist specialist, then look no further than Smile Emporium. At Smile Emporium, we are proud to provide exceptional pediatric dental care to the kids in the local area. We have placed the needs of our patients first from the very first time we opened our doors. To that end, we would be hapy to do the same for you. If you would like to learn more about our services and how we can help you with all of your pediatric dental needs, please contact us today at (424) 677-0434 to make an appointment with our team!