Dental Veneers and Dental Laminates
Dental Veneers and Dental Laminates
At Smile Emporium, we are here to make sure that all of our patients receive access to the dental care that they deserve. In some cases, this could include dental veneers. As an affordable San Pedro dentist, we want to make sure that all of our patients have access to a wide range of procedures at a local dentist office. Take a look at some of the helpful information below to learn more about these dental veneers and laminates!
An Introduction to Dental Veneers and Laminates: What Are They?
First, it is important for everyone to know what dental veneers are. Dental Veneers are a popular option to help individuals achieve the look and feel they want. They are a popular choice among people who have a gap between their teeth, teeth that are misshapen, or teeth that are chipped.
In general, dental veneers are thin covers that are designed to adhere to the surfaces of the teeth. In this manner, they are used to provide everyone with a classic smile. In this fashion, dental veneers can work well with other dental procedures to provide everyone with the smile that they always wanted.
It is important to note that there are multiple types of dental veneers. They are usually made out of either porcelain or composite resin.
What Is the Difference Between Dental Veneers and Dental Laminates?
It is important for patients to understand that dental veneers and dental laminates are two different words for the same thing. There are multiple types of dental veneers. One of the most common types of dental veneers is the porcelain veneer. A porcelain veneer is a thin shell that has been custom-made to fit the individual tooth. Some of the main benefits of a porcelain veneer include:
- These veneers are incredibly strong and last for a long time
- They have a surface that looks natural
- There is less tooth enamel to remove to place this type of veneer when compared to a crown or a cap
- These dental veneers are not going to stain easily
The other type of dental veneer is the composite resin veneer. Some of the main benefits of a composite resin veneer include:
- Even less tooth enamel has to be removed to place this type of dental veneer when compared to the porcelain option
- There are fewer dental visits required to place a composite resin veneer
- These veneers are usually cheaper
- This is an easy way to fix teeth that might be damaged even though they are not as strong as porcelain veneers
These are a few of the most common types of dental veneers.
The Procedure to Place Dental Veneers
When you visit a dentist in San Pedro to have dental veneers placed, some of the steps that need to take place include:
- The dentist is going to remove a small amount of enamel from the front and sides of the teeth to make room for the veneer
- The dentist will take an impression of the prepared teeth to make sure that the dental veneers fit well
- The impression will be sent to a lab that will make the dental veneers, which will take several days to finish
- At the next visit, the dentist will make any adjustments that are required to place the dental veneers
- There is a follow-up visit to make sure that the dental veneers fit well
Once the dental veneers, you should be able to enjoy them!
Why We’re The Best Dentist in San Pedro!
If you are looking for a dentist in San Pedro who can help you with dental veneers, then rely on the team from Smile Emporium. We have an unparalleled level of experience that we can leverage to make sure that your dental veneers fit perfectly. Please contact us today at (424) 224-7300 to make an appointment with your local dentist’s office!